14 August, 2008

Life

Life is always a good place to start. Whatever you happen to be doing, wherever you happen to be, the most basic fundamental truth about your state of being is that you are alive. Or, you know. Dead. Either way, you've only got two choices, and that's tonnes better than the infinitely more complex and diversified cloud of other choices that group vaguely at either end of the whole life/death spectrum.

So... hey. I'm alive. Ever since the catholics gave up on the whole purgatory thing, I've found myself wondering on the possibility that it might just actually exist after all, and for a while there my alive/not alive status was kind of in question. Not to say that New Hampshire isn't a nice place - the humidity is great for my skin, and oh my goodness the trees! - but the last couple of months have been nothing if not eventful, and sometimes, when it comes to events, that's bad.

Not to say that badness is the song that I'm singing, because it's not. I'm happy out here. Not slowed down enough to be content, and not nearly as financially stable as I'd like to be. You see, there's this story about Kirby Vacuums and borrowed cars and getting lost in Woodstock, Vermont...
But maybe later.

Today I'm letting it known that I'm alive, whoever you are.

----------------
Now playing: Ben Folds - Jesusland
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UM YOU HAVE A BLOG.

A BLOGSPOT BLOG.

Actually write in it okay? Then we can pretend like we're still friends. Kthanksbye.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you've decided to be alive! I like the concept of purgatory, but as the song says, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go now."